Your Cart
Your cart is empty.

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Below we have summarised our most frequently asked questions. We hope that you will find the answer to your query below. If you feel your query is not answered below, please contact 0330 122 9775 and a member of the team will be delighted to assist.

What is an online letting agent?

A platform that allows landlords to market their properties effectively on the UKs most recognised property portals and at the same time benefit from professional support and services such as Tenancy Agreements, Inventories, Gas Safety Certificates, Energy Performance Certificates, Professional Photography, Floor Plans and Tenant Referencing. Read the blog: https://www.netlett.co.uk/online-letting-agent/

Who are Netlett?

Netlett are a residential online letting agent which provides an array of letting services and additional products to assist landlords in renting out their properties efficiently at the lowest cost possible.

Netlett are dedicated agents providing exceptional service for fantastic value, entirely focused on complete transparency, professionalism and getting the right results.

Landlords have the ability of picking and choosing the services they need, which means they have a complete control over how much of the letting process they wish to handle and how much they would like to hand over to us.

Technology has revolutionised the property industry and Netlett has grasped that. We have taken the benefits of technology and used these to put in systems and processes to help landlords save thousands in agency fees.

Why should I choose an online letting agent over a high street agent?

The savings for landlords between high street agents and online agents is usually in the thousands. Furthermore, you get to pick and choose from services that you need and have complete control over the process.

Why should I choose Netlett over other online letting agents?

Netlett is a proactive online letting agent. We ask you to carry out the viewings and leave the rest to us. We create a professional advert for you and will guide you through the process telling you how to get the best exposure for your property and how to stay compliant with all the legal obligations on landlords these days.

Furthermore you will be dealing with a dedicated experienced account manager so you do not need to worry about being transferred to various departments.

Our services have been thoughtfully designed to cater for what we feel landlords need in the current property market.

How does it work?

Netlett offer an array of letting services to help landlords process a move in with tenants.

Landlords can simply register themselves on our website, create an advert, we’ll check the advert to make sure it’s looking great and off it goes to thousands of tenants. You show the tenants around and then decide whether you would like to handle the process from there or want Netlett to prepare all the paperwork.

Please visit the Pricing and Services page for more information or to proceed with any service.

If you are a tenant you can search for properties on the Netlett Property Search page or can register for for Property Alerts.

Where do you advertise?

We’ll market your property on all the major leading property websites Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location and Gumtree.

Your property will also be marketed on Netlett.co.uk, Social Media Campaigns, Sunday Times, Mail Online, The Telegraph, MSN, homes 24.co.uk and many more sites so you can be assured your advert will be getting the best online exposure.

What are your fees?

We have five advertising and lettings services:

  • Tenant Find – Free
  • Tenant Find Plus – £79
  • Part Managed – One off £199 + £49 per month
  • Rooms/HMO – £39
  • Full Lettings Service (London Only)

For full details of what’s included in each service please visit the Netlett Pricing and Services page.

Is Netlett registered with a Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)?

Yes. We are registered with TDS (Tenancy Deposit Scheme). Tenants will be advised if the deposit will be registered by Netlett as stakeholders or the landlord.

Is client money protected in anyway?

Your money is safe with us! All client money is protected under the insurance. Client Money Protection (CMP) is a compensation scheme which recompenses landlords and tenants should an agent misappropriate their rent, deposit or other client funds.

Are you part of a redress scheme?

Yes we are. Netlett will do whatever it can to ensure customers are happy with the services and processes and endeavours to keep information transparent. If we fall short of our customers’ expectations then any complaints can be handled by an independent party. We are member of PRS (Property Redress Scheme). More details about this can be found at www.theprs.co.uk .

Can agents market their properties with Netlett?

Unfortunately we cannot market properties for agents. We only deal directly with property owners. If your property is under a company name then we can accommodate you with our services.

How to make payments?

All payments are made through Worldpay. No card details are stored on our database or servers.

Can I let with multiple agents?

You can advertise with as many agents as you want, however we are confident that you will secure tenants quickly through Netlett and will be able to retain more of you rent by receiving a more valuable service. Please ensure to check the terms you have agreed with your other agents so that you do not breach any sole agent agreements.

Can you help me with my advert?

We ensure that every property marketed through Netlett is marketed to a professional standard. Once you register and upload details and photos of the property, your dedicated account manager will then create a professional description for you aiding with maximising the amount of enquiries. You will also be advised on how to best market the property i.e. whether professional photos are a better option, a floor plan or whether the little things like the main photo or order of the photos displayed.

Do you charge tenant administration fees?

Netlett does not charge tenants administration fees or contract fees. Netlett does charge a referencing fee of £49 per tenant, however this is only payable if the landlord chooses for tenants to be referenced through Netlett.

Do I need professional photography?

It is highly recommended that you either have attractive photos or have photos taken by a professional. In this digital age where most searches start online it is vital to make your property standout from the competition. Professional photos are a great way of standing out and majority of the time the first thing a viewer will see.

Do I need a floor plan?

Floor plans play an important role when it comes to marketing, it can save time on viewings by ensuring in advance that prospective tenants are aware of the layout and size of a property. It can be a good way to show off a huge space and can also make viewers aware in advance that there may be a small box room. Furthermore, it can help prospective tenants visualise their furniture in unfurnished properties.

What is an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate)?

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is built, sold or let. You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.

In Scotland, you must display the EPC somewhere in the property, e.g. in the meter cupboard or next to the boiler.

An EPC contains:

  • information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
  • recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.

Please note as of April 2018 an update to the legislation will mean that any new tenancy or renewed tenancy will need to have a minimum EPC rating of E. Failure to comply could result in a fine of up to £5000.

Netlett can help with this, so if you require an EPC or want more information please call us or order from the Pricing and Services page.

What is a Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)?

It is a legal requirement for landlords to check the safety of gas appliances and equipment on an annual basis and provide their tenants with a gas safety certificate. This check must be done by a registered engineer. Any new appliances or equipment installed must be certified by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Netlett can help with this, so if you require a gas safety certificate or want more information please call us or order from the Pricing and Services page.

Do I need an Electric Certificate?

It is not mandatory to provide an electric certificate to tenants however landlords must still ensure that the electrics are safe, for example sockets and light fittings as well as all appliances they supply are safe, for example cookers and kettles.

Do I need a smoke alarm?

Yes. Since 1st October 2015 landlords are obligated to ensure that there is a working smoke alarm on each habitable storey of a rented property. These can be either battery powered or hard wired. A good way to prove this is done is to compile an inventory and prepare a check-in report which the tenants will sign.

Do I need a carbon monoxide (CO2) alarm?

Landlords must provide a carbon monoxide alarm in any room with a solid fuel burning appliance i.e. coal fire or a wood burning stove.

My query is not answered here, who can I speak to?

Please call the office on 0330 122 9775 and a member of staff will be delighted to help.

Do you charge tenant admin fees?

Netlett does not charge tenants administration fees or contract fees. Netlett does charge a referencing fee of £49 per tenant, however this is only payable if the landlord chooses for tenants to be referenced through Netlett.

What is your referencing process?

We reference you through an independent referencing company. They will carry our credit checks, obtain confirmation of your employment status, affordability checks and ask for a current or previous landlord/agent reference.

How long does the referencing process take?

Typically the process takes 2 working days however this is all dependent on your employer and landlord. The sooner they respond the quicker we can process the references.

How much do you charge for referencing?

Netlett charges a referencing fee of £49 per tenant, however this is only payable if the landlord chooses for tenants to be referenced through Netlett.

Do I need a guarantor?

If you fall short on affordability then either you need to pay your rent upfront or provide a guarantor. This is however at the landlords discretion. Should a guarantor be required Netlett charges a referencing fee of £49 per guarantor.

How to make payments?

Referencing, reservation fees, damage deposit and first month rent payments are made through World Pay. No card details are stored on our database or servers. Rents during the tenancy are made by standing order from one account.

Do I have to pay a reservation fee/holding deposit?

If the landlord is asking tenants to be referenced through Netlett and has opted for us to arrange the paperwork we will ask the tenants to pay a £200 reservation fee. This is non-refundable unless the landlord withdraws from the process. This is to be paid in addition to the referencing charges.

I am a tenant looking for a property to rent, can you help?

We’d be delighted to help! Please visit the Property Search page for all our listings. Renting through Netlett you’ll benefit from not having to pay any administration fees.

I would like a Netlett agent to show me around the property, is this possible?

Generally viewings are carried out by the landlords themselves. You get to meet your landlords earlier on in the process and who other than the landlord can describe the property better. Where the landlord has requested Netlett to do the viewings we will let you know in advance.

When do I sign the tenancy agreement and pay the balance?

Once the referencing process has been completed and the reports have been approved by the landlord, we’ll send you the tenancy agreement and ask you to make payment for the balance. This tenancy agreement and balance need to be paid prior to the moving in date or within 48 hours which ever is earlier.

My query is not answered here, who can I speak to?

Please call the office on 0330 122 9775 and a member of staff will be delighted to help.

Scroll Up